This is a pointless web page that I created in order to replace my
ancient and obsolete web page with something slightly less
ancient and obsolete.
- I study linguistics, but I'm currently taking time off before graduate
school. My primary interest is in phonology.
- Poster "Improved electropalatography apparatus" presented at the
University of Utah Student Conference in Linguistics
- I'm employed as a system administrator. I primarily deal with Unix servers,
networking and system management and monitoring automation.
- I'm associated with G6 Networks, which
I co-founded and which provides hosting for this web page. I have
occasionally done general Unix and networking consulting for small
businesses, but I'm not presently accepting new work.
- I enjoy contra dancing. There are several regularly-scheduled dances in the Wasatch Front area.
- I play (mostly) dance music on Anglo-system concertina.
- I'm a ham radio operator.
My callsign is KD7YAF, but I'm not on the air much - I tend to tinker with
equipment more than I talk. I'm interested in
- I occasionally work on sewing projects,
mostly of bags and other such utilitarian objects. I haven't designed
my own clothing, but most other things I've made are my own designs.
- I was the "fourth triumvir" in the strangely-named Sgt. Plautus' Lonely
Hearts Club Classicists, a Latin reading group which formed during an Eta
Sigma Phi leadership vacuum. While it was active, we read interesting
Latin poetry, some rather obscure. We assembled glosses and grammar notes
so that second-year Latin students would be able to participate.
Last modified Sunday, 07-Sep-2008 21:54:42 MDT. $Revision: 859 $